Hello!!! My name is Cristalia and I am a guest blogger for My Friend Betty Says!. This is my first post so I thought I should start by introducing myself. I am a graphic designer and blogger at CheersCristalia.com. In my blog I talk about design, fashion, and home decor trends. I occasionally post tutorials – when time allows me to get creative which often means being messy. I’ve been doing a little research on how to keep living spaces in order and I want to share what I found as well as my personal tips to make your living space feel like a home.
1. Set time on your phone or paper calendar for everything!! This is a great tip but make sure you do the task when scheduled.
2. Organize clothes right after doing laundry. Whether you have a laundry room or not, putting things in place makes it so much easier to find them when you are quickly looking for them later on. This task will probably take 10-15 minutes.
3. Clean kitchen right after a meal. We generally want to relax and watch TV but if the dishes are done right away you wont leave it for later and then fall asleep. 😉
4. Use labeled containers to organize and store things. They can be clear plastic containers for the kitchen and laundry room or color boxes for the kids room or play space.
5. Make your bed every day. This is my most important tip to organizing a bedroom.
6. Use space under bed wisely. Use plastic bins to store seasonal clothes and place them underneath your bed. Consider using bed risers but make sure they get covered because we do want the space to look organized and pretty.
My last set of tips are about paper, my biggest issue at home.
7. Trash everything that is not a bill or coupon right away. I do this as soon as I open the mail box because I can just trash or save as soon as I get to my apartment.
8. Letter storage/box. I am a little hesitant about this piece because they start getting big if you don’t commit to shredding or trashing the stuff each month.
9. Go paperless. Set all your bills to be sent to you online.
10. Visit OptOutPrescreen.com to get yourself off the credit card offers list. You probably receive those cluttering letters at least 10 times a week but I bet never apply for any. If you need a credit card, go to the bank or apply online.
EXTRA TIP: Color-code your family! Assign a color to everyone at home so that there is no confusion. That includes towels, water bottles, slippers,etc. I personally like everything one tone but this is a great tip for kids.
Please share your own tips in a comment. Cheers!