A few years ago, I wrote Be Nice to Yourself here on MFBS. Even though I work hard at not being so hard on myself (ha!), I know many of my mommy friends feel the same way. We just need little reminders to see the big picture! We quickly see the negatives instead of focusing on the true blessings in our lives.
There are so many ways of stopping for a few minutes to be thankful and really just focus on yourself. February is the perfect month to start showing yourself a little gratitude. All those hearts you see hanging everywhere and the poems your kids are writing at school should remind you to be gentle and kind…to yourself.
Need a little splurge too? A little daily indulgence? I’ve got cute stuff and little symbolic reminders for you that say, “I Love Me” all over:
1. A cute mug with a positive message. Isn’t it a great feeling to have your first cup of coffee of the day in a super cool and bright mug? The line of Valentine Target stonewear mugs has been quite the hit this year! I love the “You are Tweet” mug for this social media lover. My sister bought another popular design for herself and it made quite the statement.
2. Get Gorgeous Tea: I always say that I’m not a regular tea drinker (I can’t let go of my coffee!) but I just found the perfect one…it’s “organic, rooibos-based, naturally caffeine-free tea blend brimming with antioxidants – your skin’s best friend.”
3. Chocolate: This Valentine’s Day, have a little dark treat with your tea or coffee. Milk chocolate? Heart shaped? Any kind. Any shape. It doesn’t matter. Guilt-free joy!
4. The color of the year on your lips: Earlier this month, Pantone announced that Marsala is the official 2015 color of the year. Pantone has described the color as, “a naturally robust and earthy wine red.” You can eat your chocolate (and cake too!) and keep your lipstick intact with Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick in Manic. Not only is the color absolutely gorgeous, creamy and lasting, but the gunmetal case looks great on your vanity.
5. A bottle of wine: Don’t know much about wine? And there is no need to stress and pretend you know what’s good? It’s all about you today? Pick a bottle with the coolest label on the shelf. Something that makes you smile or something that looks like artwork that needs to be appreciated. You won’t be disappointed!
6. Wear the reminder to Love Yourself. This Love Yourself movement from a fellow mommy blogger is really impressive. She understands the push moms need to go out and find something for themselves, to continue their life goals with a little encouragement. You can now wear these little reminders to Love Yourself anytime you need it.
day month with your loved ones, but most importantly, celebrate YOU! Happy Valentine’s Day!