Hi everyone! Do you like this photograph? I have been enjoying it more on Instagram than in my actual home! Forget about finishing a cup of coffee around here! I keep saying to myself, “I. Must. Sit. There!” to enjoy the stack of magazines, the gorgeous roses and the scent of the candle. But life happens. And my four guys keep me really busy. I don’t know what it has been lately…wait a minute yes I do:
1) We hosted an amazing late lunch/dinner party for Jose’s team on Saturday. We fed 12 adults plus our 3 little monsters. I love seeing the people that Jose interacts with on a daily basis. What a great group of people.
2) We had soccer, a birthday party, soccer, and more soccer for Diego and Santi.
3) Jose and I had a date night on Sunday!!! Woo hoo! We went to see Vicente Fernandez at the Prudential Center here in Jersey. Awesome awesome awesome!! Our dear friends gave the tickets to us as a gift! THIRD ROW seats!!! Other friends joined us and said my face was on the jumbo TV several times and she teased me for updating my Facebook status often. I was so excited I just wanted to share…as always.
4) This is my week to do carpool after school for Diego and his 3 friends. The nice thing is that I only have to do it one week every month. The craziness is the week it’s my turn to drive. It shouldn’t be a big deal but it is. It takes a lot of prepping to leave the babies with a sitter every day BUT it is so worth having 3 weeks off from putting the babies in the car twice a day.
5) I’ve been decorating for Halloween and taking lots of pictures! Still working on that photography. It makes me happy.
6) Laundry, ironing, cooking, feeding, changing diapers, cleaning up floors, baths, Halloween costumes, a tie for picture day, returning school emails…
7) A dear friend and college roommate lost her mom this weekend. It’s been on my mind a lot. I think about her and I think about how she must be feeling right this minute. We haven’t spoken in a while and that sucks too.
I just wrote to another friend that life “throws curve balls” at you all the time. It’s important to stay balanced and seek that harmony often. I didn’t want to write today. I also didn’t want to go to bed even though I had another 12 hour day of non-stop craziness. This was going to make it all a little better. And it did. In these words, I see the balance. I see what was hard this weekend and what was fun and what I should appreciate a bit more. I see what I am grateful for.
What are you grateful for today? Happy Wednesday.
P.s. Are you on Instagram? I’m: MyFriendBetty (of course). Let’s follow!