This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Dove. However, all opinions and statements expressed are my own.
A few weeks ago, right after the Mujer Dove announcement, I took part in a Twitter party that included tips from dermatologist, Dr. Barba. What insight! I learned so much that night. For example, did you know that when we shaving under the arms, we lose 50% of moisture? This could cause dark spots and pigmentation. Yikes! Dove Clear Tone Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant not only restores skin tone but provides skin care benefits such as hydration; Dove is 1/4 moisturizer!
Dove Clear Tone is front and center on my bathroom counter. I truly recommend it 100%. Its fragrant smell helps me get a great start to my day. Because of my opportunity to try it and participate in the discussion, I learned a lot from 19 Mujer Dove bloggers and Dr. Barba. Here are a few tips we all agreed are a must for luminous skin.
1) Drink lots of water My day (in liquids): Cafecito, water, water, water, cafecito, water, water, water, water, vino and more water! Why so much water? The skin is our largest organ made up of many cells. Skin cells, like any other cell in the body, are made up of water. Without water, the organs will certainly not work properly or at their best.
2) Wash face every night Our skin needs to recover from makeup and/or environmental debris. Tiny particles that can cause our skin to become irritated and later cause breakouts, need to be eliminated. Make sure that what you use after washing your face at night is not very heavy.
3) Exfoliate I try to exfoliate a couple times a week. I wish I was better at it because the removal of dead skin cells help your skin feel smoother and look fresh. Exfoliating also helps your beauty products seep deep into your skin. Professional facials give me the best result in exfoliation; a treat!
4) Moisturize All that water that we are drinking needs to stay in our skin. A good moisturizer is made to hold water in, leaving your skin feeling and looking great. No matter what skin type you have, moisturizing is key. I can help regulate dry, oily or sensitive skin. As the cold weather starts blasting us here in the East Coast, my skin is becoming dry and thirsty for moisture.
5) Use an SPF Not just for a day in the sun! SPF should be worn year-round. My moisturizer and makeup both have an SPF. THAT is what I never leave home without. Remember that sun can cause severe damage to your skin, including cancer.
The most important thing to remember is that you can do all of these tips to your WHOLE body. Using products like Dove Clear Tone can make a huge difference in your daily skin care routine. Don’t forget that the #MujerDove bloggers and I have a GIVEAWAY going on right now!! Enter for a chance to win a year’s worth supply of Dove products and a $100 gift certificate to Rent the Runway to help you continue to feel fab!
What skin care tip will you work on a little more?