The new year is just around the corner. How are you feeling about welcoming 2015? Personally, I can’t believe how quickly 2014 has come to an end and honestly, I feel like I was started to lose focus on my health since October! The cold weather doesn’t agree with me and I start to crave major comfort foods and lots of sweets the minute I feel a chill in the air. Having three little boys to look after is also not an easy job! So when it comes to taking time for myself, I haven’t been choosing to spend my time in the gym. But I know what my goals are for 2015. In fact, so do most Americans. The number one New Year’s resolution has been “to lose weight” or “to get fit” for years!
So it’s time to think about starting my New Year’s resolution now. Why so early? When it’s time to make a change, there really isn’t a perfect time. Every morning is a good time to start fresh! Plus, you’ll be ahead of the game and feeling great during the holidays instead of dealing with a lingering guilt between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.
Here are my top 5 reasons why we all need to start setting New Year’s resolutions NOW:
1) Because your health should always be your priority. If you don’t start taking care of yourself right now (or yesterday) it’s going to be hard to do it on New Year’s Day just because it’s New Year’s Day. Staying healthy, however one chooses to do it, should be on everyone’s mind all the time. Less wine, eating better, drinking more water, working out 3x a week instead of two… it all starts somewhere. Pick one thing to focus on and make it today’s goal.
2) Because you should enjoy the holidays without guilt. I made all of Thanksgiving dinner and I was not going to miss it! I’m going to Chicago for the holidays and I WILL have deep dish pizza! I’ll definitely have less guilt knowing I practiced yoga one day, went out for a run another or did some strength training. You have to enjoy life and keeping it well balanced (I mean equally balanced!) is super important.
3) Because you will be 3 weeks ahead of the game. Whether you believe it that it takes 21 days to create a new habit or not, I’m giving you 23 days from now until New Year’s Day to test it out. If you only achieve your goals on 7 days, or 14, you are working towards something great! You can’t lose when you are already trying.
4) Because you should have been working out all year long. I have achieved the goal of continuously working out throughout the year in the past and I felt my best. Every year, thousands and thousands of people set out to start becoming healthier but give up around March! Everyone will have set backs, but should definitely start thinking about getting back on track before March is over and not waiting 9 months to start again. Once again, think daily goals instead of scary long term ones.
5) Because you know you want to wear your new workout clothes. These are not your momma’s yoga pants. The fitness apparel industry has never rocked this hard. Excuse my own basic workout gear in these pics (although I do recommend these winter leggings!). You don’t have an excuse to skip the gym when you are already wearing the right thing…all day long.
Are you setting fitness goals for 2015? Want to start now? Please share!
Images: CR Photograpy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Liliana . The opinions and text are all mine.