It’s been two years of blogging and it still gets better every single day. Today I want to introduce myself again because I have a lot of new readers (thank you!), almost 900 Facebook likes, over 500 Instagram and 1,000+ Twitter followers! It’s been a slow progress but it has been authentic and genuine…it’s best that way, right? A part of my life is on display with every intention to help motivate and inspire other mothers.
It’s never about showing “perfection.” The images are great and I know the past few months I have written less and less about parenting and education. The fantastic thing is that this blog has allowed me to become a freelance writer and now you can see those topics here, here, here and here! For now, thank you to those who have followed from the beginning and a huge welcome to new MFBS readers! Here’s a little something about myself:
1) I love to write, create, recommend and socialize. A perfect recipe for #bloggers.
2) I talk to whomever will listen. That’s why I sleep well at night.
3) I love my 3 boys and hubby so much but I realized that as a stay-at-home mom, I needed something else to focus on– just for me. It helps me be better for them.
4) I became a SAHM by chance. We had our first baby in Tokyo and every family member and loved one in Chicago, so we agreed it was the best for our family.
5) I’ve been working since the age of 15, so after 5 years of staying home with my kiddies, I decided I would build my new career from home. So I combined everything I have done in life=MFBS was born!
6) My mother’s past struggle with depression fueled my fire to help other women re-discover themselves. My mami is healthy now, but I will continue to do things for myself, with courage, fail or succeed. If I only help one woman change her life, I am happy.
7) I have always been a perfectionist and I hate it. I do too much because I can’t walk out of the house without cleaning the kitchen or making beds. I have to learn to Let it Go.
8) I love to travel and can’t wait for my boys to see more.
9) My favorite book is every book I pick up to read.
10) I yell a lot. My mom says I raise my voice, not yell. Ok, then. I’ll still try to keep cool around my boys. I feel like no one listens… jajaja!
11) I write late at night which means I don’t watch much TV.
12) I workout in my boys’ play area in the basement 3-4 times a week…while they play.
13) I have been cooking the same 5-7 recipes all winter. I need new ideas!
14) I do the social networking whenever I have a little down time. It’s a big part of the job!
15) Chocolate and wine. Enough said.
Bonus: Fashion should enhance you, not define you.
I love everything I do but I don’t let any one thing in my life consume all of me. I believe in balance and staying positive. There should always be something new to explore, do and experience. Thank you again for stopping by, reading, sharing and hitting those “like” buttons. I appreciate you every single day.
What is one thing you would love to start doing for YOU today? Please share!