Hi! Have you met my little sister? Her name is Lily and this is her beloved little pup, Coco! Lily and I are 12 years apart and I have to confess, if I can do one relationship over in my life, it would be this one.
Your friend Betty is still a work-in-progress. No one is perfect! A lot of us are striving to better ourselves and relationships are a HUGE part of our lives. I don’t know if it was the big age difference between my sister and I, but to be absolutely honest, I think I messed up the whole thing. I was going off to college when my sister was only 5 years old! We have the same parents, they just waited a long time to have the third baby, but I can’t blame my mistakes on them. I hope I can still make it right.
Here are 12 ways I vouch to be a better sister:
1. I will never “parent” my sister again. I did this A LOT. I can help guide her, but she doesn’t need another mother or teacher. She needs a sister.
2. I will tell everyone how awesome my little sister has been and will be.
3. I will continue to learn about all things hip, trendy and cool…through her. All big sisters need to do this!
4. I will always be here to listen (even if I thought she was mad at me).
5. I will lead by example but leave room for her input and opinions.
6. I will always stay in touch with her even if I have to Tweet her to get her attention!
7. I will watch hockey, listen to country music and stay up way past my bedtime for her.
8. I would do anything for whom she loves (especially Coco! ).
9. I know that friends come and go, but sisters are forever.
10.I will always appreciate her.
11.I will be here when it gets really tough for her.
12.I will be here when it gets really amazing for her.
Big sisters, what else would you add to the list? I learn from you too, dear readers, thank you!
P.s. How stunning are these pictures! Thank you Lily and Coco! You two are gorgeous and adorable! And a great big thank you to Nancy, a Chicago photographer, and fantastic friend!